Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Special: I Do Not Not Hate Alex Rodriguez

Every Friday we at BBBC bring you a very special message from a professional athlete. This week's guest is Derek Jeter, shortstop for the New York Yankees.

Hey guys, it's Derek. What's going on? I wanted to clear up a few things about my relationship with Alex Rodriguez and I decided to do it here on the internet. I know my fans love to read blogs and I have decided to communicate through this medium.

Before I start, I wanna give a big shout out to all my young fans out there. Keep working hard and studying and all of your dreams will come true. School comes first, kids. If you want to improve your batting while still having time to hit the books, check out my hit away batting trainer. Buy one for yourself, one for your friend, and nine more because you love the Yankees.

Ok, so I know a lot of things have been said about my relationship with my teammate Alex Rodriguez. I support him 100% of the time at least half the time. I am extremly happy that he has hit 10 more homeruns than I have and has doubled my rbi total. I am glad that he is no longer viewed as a weak, selfish, choker who cries in his sleep after popping up with the bases loaded. Alex and I have a fine relationship. We're like two peas in a really, really big pod.

The newspapers like to speculate about a lot of silly things. They say I told the Yankee fans to stop booing Jason Giambi when he was having his health issues. They also say I did not support Alex when the fans were angry at him. This is a complete lie. I told the fans to stop booing Alex many times. It was a sad coincidence that no reporters were around to hear my cries of support. Alex and I still maintain a healthy relationship. When he gets a hit, I clap for him. My clapping does not grow softer after every hit Alex gets and I do not wince when he crushes a homerun. I am in no way jealous of his tremendous strength.

Alex and I still hang out. He will come to my place to sip some tea and sit quietly. Then I will come back and he will leave, but he will always say good-bye on the way out the door. I even shared my Porsche with him once. I let him drive mine when his limo had a flat tire. I didn't even mind that he left a disgusting brown stain on my car rug. I didn't mind at all. I am the captain and I have to maintain a good relationship with everyone for our team to function. If I am playing cards with Jason Giambi, I always make sure to allow Alex to watch our game. He can even pass out tips if he so desires.

Some say that the "shoe is on the other foot" this year because I have been struggling in the field. Alex has hit and fielded flawlessly while I have not done the same. This does not bother me at all. I always made sure to pat Alex on the back or say "good job buddy" when no one is looking. I don't need to show affection in public. Alex knows how I feel in private and this all that matters. A person with true character does not act differently if people are watching. No matter if he is struggling or succeeding, I always make sure to treat Alex the same way. I remind him of his duty to the Yankees and to wear the pinstripes with pride. I remind him of the four World Series rings I won. If he forgets what our wonderful organization is all about, I will pull out my four rings from a special container in my locker and show him the rings again. Occasionally I will allow Alex to wear a ring so he can experience what it feels like to be a true champion.

Alex is a great competitor and winner. He wins our batting practice homerun derbies. He wins when I feel like playing him in a board game. No one competes harder when we are swimming laps in the private hotel swimming pool. Alex is a top-flight competitor in almost everything he does. I can only tip my hat to him. He has the courage of a mouse and the brain of a lion...I mean the courage of a lion and the brain of a mouse. Oh wait, I meant owl. Yes, owls are smart, aren't they?

I hope this has made everything clear. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Alex. He is an integral part of our team and hopefully will continue to thrive with the Yankees for years to come unless he opts out of his contract after this season which I hope doesn't happen because it would mean I would be all alone in the infield, once again the superior player on the Yankees. Alex is my good friend. I don't want anyone to think otherwise. I definitly probably don't not hate Alex Rodriguez in anyway. Go it?

No comments: